2018 Two Day Destination Tour
Saturday June 2 - Sunday June 3
Ride Leaders: Amy Copeland and Jennifer Altherr
- Trail surface: crushed limestone
- Depart from Fort Wayne early morning Saturday June 2 to carpool to Kalamazoo Michigan. Ride bikes on the 34 mile Kalhaven Bike Trail (former rail trail). Spend the night in South Haven Saturday night. Ride bikes back to Kalamazoo Sunday. Drive back to Fort Wayne Sunday.
- If your bike does not have a rack to haul your change of clothing and toiletries, you could get creative and use a backpack or a pack that fits onto your bike.
- Accommodations: Kalhaven Outpost cabins is a new campground adjacent to the bike trail in South Haven. Each rustic cabin can sleep 6 people. $143.19 per cabin fee will be split among participants. Bring your linens or rent them from the campground.
- There is normally a 2 night minimum for the cabin rentals but the owners have graciously agreed to allow us to rent for one night, but we need to get the reservation and payment in soon.
- Reserve your spot soon: $20/person non-refundable deposit to Amy Copeland. Email Amy at: email@example.com to make arrangements.
For additional information:
Kalhaven Bike Trail:
Kalhaven Bike Trail reviews: