Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
Latest News / October 2014 club meeting minutes
« Last post by Patrick on October 17, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »
Club Meeting Minutes for October 2, 2014
*Officers present
Patrick Stelte President
Hugh Smith Treasurer
Steve Pequignot Touring
Phil Snider Off-Road
Jane Lewandowski Membership
Kathy Boling Newsletter
Wendy Vieyra
Tim Claypool Secretary
*Officers absent
MikeHeyes Webmaster
Jerry Withham racing

Patrick, Meeting called to order with welcome to guest and members.

-Minutes presented for meeting of September 4th 2014. Motion to accept minutes Wendy, second by Patrick. Vote carried minutes accepted.
-Treasurers report by Hugh. He explained debits and credits. Totals include Franke project $942.72, Jerseys -$1183.90 Jersey Bins -$130.00.  Phil presented a check for the sale of club String Trimmer and Leaf Blower to NITRO for use in maintaining the Franke trails. Sale total was $400.00, minus $39.90 for repair of equipment, amount to be deposited in Franke project account is $360.10.
-Off Road report by Phil. Monday night and weekend rides continue. Off Roadies will NITRO with trail work and up keep at Franke trails.
-Touring report by Steve. Jersey ride Saturday October 4th mass start at 10:00 am. October rides move to 11:00 am for the remainder of the month. Rides for October 11 & 12 will be show and go. On October 18 club riders will participate in the National Bike Challenge. Another group, Discovery HTC will leave Kokomo and meet 3RVS riders in Wabash. Mileage options are 25 to 66 miles. Last official tour ride will be Sunday, October 26th. Tours then will become show and go with Steve Souers leading the winter rides. Strava Challenge ended with 32 riders participating in the event for the month of September. The club members riding in this event will be awarded metals during the end of year party. The stats were as follows 6 entries at 250 k, 7 at 500 k, 6 at 750 k, 2 at 1250 k, and 6 at or above 1500 k level. Steve explained the engravings that will be placed on the awards. Patrick made a motion to accept the design and purchase the awards, Phil second, vote carried.  Also, podium plaques will be awarded to the three highest mileage riders.
-Racing report by Jerry as shared by Kathy. It was reported that we have had 2 events of physical violence and aggressive riding at 2 club sponsored training rides. Also verbal abuse and un-sportsmanlike language has been reported at club training rides. With a lot of input from members present it was decided that a “code of conduct” is needed for club sponsored rides. This topic will be addressed during the off season to allow a full meeting to assure proper handling.
-Newsletter report by Kathy. Combining news for Nov/Dec and Jan/Feb issues. Kathy ask for any member news or season ride highlights to be sent by the 18th of each month.
-Membership report by Jane. Club has a total of 299 members that include 159 single and 140 family (70 x 2). Jane reports several new members signing onto the club.
Publicity report by Wendy. Wendy shared a poster “A” frame, sandwich board design that could be used at club events. A 22 X 28 poster frame and graphics would cost $142.99. The advantage would be ease in setting up where the banner cannot be used. Tim made a motion to purchase 1 set Patrick seconded, vote carried. Wendy to share design choices at next meeting.
-Additional items of interest.
Many new members have asked for Jerseys in sizes the club no longer has. Further discussion to follow in deciding an amount to order. Kathy presented an idea of club up-scale t-shirts for everyday wear. This would be polyester Sport-Tek shirts that would be sold at reasonable prices to members.
-Chilly Challenge. Greg Perrigo has an interest in helping to promote the event. Greg has been a regular rider in the event. Greg feels that the public needs more awareness of the event and wants to help promote the clubs mission to cycling, as well as the Mayor and City of Fort Wayne’s mission of a healthier more active life style through events such as the clubs ride.
Patrick will ask Greg to attend the November meeting to present ideas to the membership.
Wendy reminded the club that a director is needed for the Chilly Challenge.
-Meeting adjourned 8:55 pm.

Prepared by Secretary Tim Claypool
2
Latest News / throwback thursday on the forum
« Last post by mheyes on October 16, 2014, 11:45:47 AM »
Throwback Thursday. Back in 2005 or so, Earnie Williamson road from coast to coast and documented the trip for us. The first page is the itinerary, click on the Roadside Reports link at the top for each week's reports. The pages are exactly as they appeared in 2005. Enjoy!

http://3rvs.com/features/earnie/earnie.html
3
Latest News / registration disabled again
« Last post by mheyes on October 01, 2014, 03:18:17 PM »
i just deleted over 75 spam forum registrations and cleaned out most of their posts. registrations are disabled. if you want to register, send the webmaster an email at 3rvs.com.
4
For Sale / Re: Garmin 200 For Sale
« Last post by mamen21 on September 30, 2014, 09:21:37 PM »
I am interested.
Is it still available?

Mamen
5
For Sale / Re: Club Cycling Apparel
« Last post by Bikemom on September 30, 2014, 12:58:06 PM »
Thank you for your interest. I do have some jerseys. Email me at newsletter@3rvs.com
Kathy
6
For Sale / Re: Garmin 200 For Sale
« Last post by helmetcity on September 30, 2014, 07:05:25 AM »
seems a nice bargain, still alive?
7
For Sale / Re: Club Cycling Apparel
« Last post by teeturtle on September 30, 2014, 07:00:31 AM »
is this offer still alive?
8
Latest News / October 2014
« Last post by Patrick on September 29, 2014, 03:02:27 PM »
3RVS will hold the monthly club meeting Thursday, October 2nd @ 7:30pm at the downtown library, in the Business and Technology department's meeting room (behind staff desk) on the second floor, Ewing Street side of the building.  All are welcome to attend.

1.  Call to Order

2.  Officer Reports:   

   Secretary - Tim Claypool
   Treasurer - Hugh Smith
   Touring  - Steve Pequignot (Strava Challenge Update)
   Off-Road  - Phil Snider
   Newsletter - Kathy Boling
   Membership - Jane Lewandowski
        Publicity - Wendy Vieyra (Poster Board Holders)
    Racing  - Jerry Witham
   Webmaster - Mike Heyes

4.  Additional Items of Interest
     - Possible Chilly Challenge Sponsorship
     - Club Jersey Purchase

5.  Good of the Order

6.  Adjournment
9
For Sale / Just wanted to say Hi!
« Last post by HConover on September 17, 2014, 05:54:24 AM »
You said it adequately.!

When debating on the subject of, panasonic rice cooker we have been talking about a relatively laborious health subject.
10
Latest News / September 2014 club meeting minutes
« Last post by Patrick on September 15, 2014, 03:08:07 PM »
Club Meeting Minutes for September 4, 2014
*Officers present
Patrick Stelte President
Hugh Smith Treasurer
Steve Pequignot Touring
Phil Snider Off-Road
Jane Lewandowski Membership
Kathy Boling Newsletter
Wendy Vieyra
Tim Claypool Secretary
Not present
MikeHeyes Webmaster
Jerry Withham racing

Patrick, Meeting called to order and welcome to guest and members.

-Minutes presented for meeting of August 7, 2014. Motion to accept minutes Phil, second by Patrick. Vote carried minutes accepted.

-Treasurers report by Hugh.  Debits include festival expenses and annual insurance payment. Credits were from membership dues and income from festival ride. Hugh presented an expense report for the festival ride.  Net income from the ride was $685.00.

-Touring report by Steve. Steve thanked Phil, his daughter Elizabeth and all of Phil’s family for hosting the club Short-Circuit Century Labor Day tour in Hicksville, OH.
The club has two men’s and one women’s teams training for the Huntington challenge. Steve is looking for 2 additional men riders to fill out the teams. With 11 years of sponsorship of the challenge, 3RVS members are being offered a $5 discount for riding in the tour by mentioning club membership at registration for tour.  Club will sponsor two teams riding the challenge through club funds and sponsor gift provided as appreciation to the club.

September ride start time will be 10:00 am with October rides an hour later at 11:00am.
Steve has presented a “Strava September Challenge” to club members. Steve explained the guide lines to participate in the challenge. 31 have signed up for the month long event. Steve asked to present awards to participating riders at the 3RVS year end party. After discussion Patrick suggested podium awards for different levels of accomplishment.  Ideas shared with member’s present, motion to accept awards purchase and presentation of awards carried.

Steve presented an idea to recognize members that have gone over and above in their service to not only our club but the bicycling community. This would be the start of an annual recognition of members that impact our club. All club members would be asked to submit a name and how this person has impacted the club and the community. Submissions made to:  Touring@3RVS.com  The idea was accepted by officers and members. Further information to follow on how the recognition can proceed.

-Off Road report by Phil. Phil shared highlights of the Short-Circuit Century tour hosted by his family for the club members. 41 riders participated in the Short-Circuit Century Tour.  The receipts for expenses will be sent to Hugh. Phil suggested selling the trail maintenance equipment - Walk-Behind String Trimmer and Leaf Blower - to the NITRO group. A selling price was set and accepted by members. Phil made a motion to sell equipment and deposit money in general funds. Patrick suggested the funds be deposited in the Franke Project fund until further notice. Amendment accepted, motion carried.

-Newsletter report by Kathy. No update.

-Membership report by Jane. 68 Family memberships (136 members), 153 single members for total of 289 memberships.

-Publicity report by Wendy. She will check into new signage (poster stand) for club sponsored events. Follow up at next meeting.

-Racing  report:  Tuesday Night World Championship Racing is finished for the year.

-Webmaster. Mike has updated the annual webhost renewal and submitted receipt to Hugh for payment.

-Additional Items of Interest.
Club will sponsor ($500) the Cyclecross events held September 5, 6,, 7th at Fort Wayne Outfitters. The events are “Battle on the Banks” and “Friday Night Under the Lights”  This will be the clubs’ 2014 USA Cycling sponsor event as required by the clubs membership with USA cycling.  Kathy also informed the club that this will be the last year the club needs to sponsor a race for USA Cycling membership.

-Kathy asked if the club wished to order more Club Jerseys as more are needed. Members discussed ordering cold weather wear as well as warm weather wear. Kathy also discussed the idea of purchasing a sports wear type shirt with the club logo and a design. Shirts and Jerseys would be sold to members.  Further details to follow at future meetings.

-Patrick talked about the Jersey Ride set for 10am, October 4th from Roanoke Park. A picnic lunch to follow the ride at 1pm.

Meeting Adjourned 8:50.

Minutes by Secretary Tim Claypool 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10