Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Patrick

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
1
Latest News / November 2020 club meeting minutes
« on: December 03, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »
THREE RIVERS VELO SPORT
MEETING MINUTES
November 5, 2020
1. Call to Order
● Meeting called to order 7:30PM PM by Johnny Grabowski
● Officers present included Johnny Grabowski, Jennifer Altherr, Dave McComb, Amy Copeland, Randy
Rozewicz, Andrea Egeland, Shane Powell
● Welcome extended to all in attendance Steve Pequinot, Roianne Smolinski, Marty Smolinski, Phil Snider,
Jack Campbell, Tim Ellsworth, Mona Wills, Jake Fitzmaurice, Patrick Stelte, and two others, with Pamela
Fennel and Angie Quinn both attending via Zoom virtual meeting.

2. Passage of Minutes
● Passage of October meeting minutes

3. Additional Items of Interest
● Christmas Lights Ride (Phil Snider): They don't allow bikes to go through the Fantasy of Lights as usual.
However, the owners of Summit City Bikes are willing to meet us at Lawton Park with refreshments.
Thursday December 17 at 6PM is the tentative date and time.

● Chilly Challenge (Phil Snider/ Mona Will): For social distancing, the size of the barn we've used in the past is
too small for the number of riders we traditionally have. Mona contacted Parks and Recreation to tentatively
reserve Franke Park Pavilion #1, capacity of 296 with a full kitchen. The Parks Department is still willing to
pay the rental bill. Phil says Franke will be suitable for a route. There will be a pre-tour the Saturday before
the ride. Those present approved the new location. Mona will work on how to have people register and sign
waivers online. Proposed food format - 2 chili options, prepackaged cookies, prepackaged utensils. No
self-service. We have missed the publication date for Fun Times, but Mona will see if it can be added online.

● Bicycle Indiana Resource Guide (Angie Quinn): Proposal for club to buy an quarter page ad in the resource
guide for $450/yr. Or, buy a membership to get listed as a resource toward the back and a link on the
website for $100/yr. For 2019 we purchased a listing, according to Kent's analytics we may have had 6 or 7
people who learned about the ride in the resource guide. Last year we determined buying a half page ad
wasn't efficient. Those present agreed to purchasing the $100 listing and link in the resource guide.

● Annual Awards Banquet venue cancellation / alternate plan (Johnny Grabowski): Due to COVID-19,
Parkview Mirro Center is not holding any events at this time. Sweetwater is not an option either. Those
present determined we wouldn't schedule anything in January. Those present decided to look into
availability for Franke Pavilion #1 for March. Amy will check for pavilion availability for a casual event.

● Activities Calendar overview planning: Johnny would like to create a calendar of events

4. Officer Reports
Jennifer Altherr, Secretary (not present)
● October minutes passed earlier in the meeting

John Grabowski, President
● No further items to introduce beyond Additional Items of Interest just discussed.

Amy Copeland, Treasurer
● General fund balance: $xxxxxxxx
● Franke balance: $xxxxxx
● Cyclocross balance: $xxxxxx
● Racing balance: $xxxxxx
● Jr Racing (NICA) balance: $xxxxxx
● Total balance: $xxxxxx
○ Income: Membership, race kit, NEIC Jr race jerseys, NEIC Jr race team fundraiser and grant
match.
○ Expanses: 20' storage container for Franke Park placement ($2,216.76 EFT), Jersey Ride supplies.

Kent Ellis, Membership
● Not present

Andrea Egeland, Social Media
● Continued work on website

Scott Tomsits, Newsletter
● Not present
● November Newsletter was sent

Publicity, Pamela Fennell
● No new publicity topics to report

Shane Powell, Touring
● Proposal to make Trek the Trails an official club ride (pending approval by Trek the Trails)
● Proposal for Mona to be a designated trails leader/ambassador for Trek the Trails and other slow roll type of
downtown rides. The role would be under the Touring Director. Proposal to cover Mona's club membership
fee for next 2 years since her role wouldn't be as a club officer. Angie Quinn said the City of Fort Wayne is
the primary organizer for Trek the Trails, and Fort Wayne Trails is their partner. Angie supports the proposal
to strengthen the relationship with the club. A reason that Shane would like Trek the Trails to be a club ride
is the liability insurance for the Trek the Trails rides. Amy proposed putting the new position in the by-laws.
Shane foresees the role eventually becoming a club officer role. Mona would create a schedule of slow roll
rides for the club. Those present agreed with Shane's proposal to create the position and for Mona to fulfill it.
● Show ‘n’ Go Update: Steve Souers has agreed to host and post rides for the season.
Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road
● The storage container will be delivered next Tuesday. Randy is working with the Parks Department to
prepare the site. Randy is looking into getting the container painted.
Dave McComb, Racing
● The kids' race season was a success. Congratulations to Ray on his new business venture.

4. Additional Items of Interest
● Festival Tour 2021 update (Mona Will): We are making it a 3 day event.
○ Friday July 9th - Fort Wayne Trails/City ride (free registration) in partnership with Fort Wayne Trails
○ Saturday July 10th - Gravel ride out of Columbia City YMCA.
○ Sunday July 11th - Road ride from Sweetwater Performance Pavilion.
● The committee is looking at a discount for signing up for both Saturday and Sunday rides.

5. Good of the Order
● Shane - When do we need to determine awards and order them? Patrick - It takes 4-5 wks for awards to
arrive once they are ordered. September Touring Challenge, Triple Century Awards, Racing Awards, and
any other awards the officers determine.
● Jennifer/Amy/Pamela - Working with Marcus from Summit to possibly have a tire changing clinic in place of
the February City Tour

6. Adjournment
Meeting adjourned. 8:55 PM
Minutes by Johnny Grabowski

2
Latest News / November 2020 club meeting agenda
« on: November 05, 2020, 09:30:51 PM »
The monthly meeting of 3RVS is Thursday, November 5 at 7:30pm at the downtown library. All are welcome to attend.

Meeting Agenda:

    Call to Order
    Passage of Minutes
    Additional Items of Interest (20 min)
        Christmas Lights Ride - Phil Snider
        Chilly Challenge - Phil Snider / Mona Will
        Angie Quinn - Bicycle Indiana Resource Guide
        Annual Awards Banquet venue cancellation / alt plan
        Activities Calendar overview planning
    Officer Reports:
        President’s Report - Johnny Grabowski
        Treasurer - Amy Copeland (4 min)
        Membership - Kent Ellis (4 min)
        Social Media - Andrea Egeland (4 min)
        Newsletter - Scott Tomsits (2 min)
        Publicity - Pamela Fennell (2 min)
        Touring - Shane Powell (10 min)
            Trails leader?
            Show ‘n’ Go update
        Off-Road - Randy Rozewicz (10 min)
            Container update
        Racing - Dave McComb (10 min)
    Additional Items of Interest
        Festival Tour 2021 update - Mona Will
    Good of the Order
    Adjournment

3
Latest News / October 2020 club meeting minutes
« on: October 28, 2020, 11:28:33 PM »
THREE RIVERS VELO SPORT
MEETING MINUTES
October 1, 2020
1. Call to Order

    Meeting called to order 7:30PM PM by Johnny Grabowski
    Offers present include Johnny Grabowski, Amy Copeland, Kent Ellis, Shane Powell, Randy Rozewicz, Dave McComb, Andrea Egeland, and Scott Tomsits
    Welcome extended to all in attendance including Patrick Stelte and Phil Snider (both stopped by pre-meeting to cover various aspects of upcoming Jersey Ride)

2. Passage of Minutes

    Passage of September meeting minutes

3. Officer Reports
Jennifer Altherr, Secretary (not present)

    September minutes passed earlier in the meeting

John Grabowski, President

    Jersey Ride Update - ride leaders and routes in place for upcoming weekend’s event. Johnny to purchase / order food. Volunteer staff in place to stage / serve post-ride refreshments.
    Group Riding Guidelines proposed revisions update. Upon review of Group Riding Guidelines, Johnny feels that they would benefit from a major revision / rewrite. Amy suggested that rather than wait to incorporate Shane’s suggestions pertaining to keeping pace groups together and not pushing race-style paces on group rides, why not go ahead and revise per his suggestion, especially if we will be reviewing and revising Group Riding Guidelines overall. Dave McComb asked why a revision isn’t simply the responsibility of the Touring Director and why it would warrant discussion by the board, and it was pointed out that the Group Riding Guidelines are currently posted for the whole club and not Touring-specific. It was agreed to incorporate Shane’s suggested revisions and Johnny volunteered to take responsibility for working on the major revision / rewrite to be presented in the future.
    Current Officers’ intent for 2021 - Johnny pointed out that this is the first year for many of our Officers in their positions, and with the challenges of 2020 and the length of time that it takes to get up to speed in a new position / the length of time it takes to bring new initiatives to fruition, he encourages current Officers to continue in their positions. If, however, any Officer is planning to resign from their current post, please do not wait to make your intentions known, that way we can work on finding a suitable replacement and a smooth transition.

Amy Copeland, Treasurer

    General fund balance:  $xx,xxx
    Franke balance:  $  x,xxx
    Cyclocross balance:  $     xxx
    Racing balance:  $  x,xxx
    Jr Racing (NICA) balance: $     xxx
    Total balance:   $xx,xxx
        Income $x,xxx including memberships, Jr Racing anonymous donation, insurance policy refund related to Festival Tour cancellation, and clothing and racing kit sales.
        Debit $x,xxx including Jr Racing kit purchase, annual insurance premium payment, annual website hosting payment, pavilion rental for Jersey Ride.

Shane Powell, Touring

    September Touring Challenge was successful
    Touring schedule set through end of October, including Fall Foliage ride and a planned Halloween ride that includes a reportedly haunted bridge.
    Show ‘n’ Go rides will begin Nov 1, Shane will contact Steve Souers to verify Steve will continue to organize Show ‘n’ Go rides as in years past

Dave McComb, Racing

    September Time Trial was successful
    Cyclocross Nationals canceled

Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road

    Derby Hill 80% complete
    Quotes obtained for 20-foot and 40-foot containers (including delivery) to be used for storage at Franke Park and eliminate storage room that 3RVS currently rents monthly. 20-foot container quote of $2,217. Motion to approve up to $2,400 to purchase a container and have it delivered was seconded and approved by unanimous vote, with Randy intending on pursuing the 20-foot option.
    Team Neighborlink Hot Laps event was held on Franke trails. Over 85 documented athletes participated in the event, which resulted in a TNL contribution to the Franke Park trail maintenance budget. Additionally, some discussion as to how best to coordinate 3RVS / TNL / Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation efforts.

Publicity, Pamela Fennell

    N/A

Kent Ellis, Membership

    217 memberships - 70 Family / 147 Individual

Andrea Egeland, Social Media

    Started a dropbox account with a 3RVS gmail and will start asking for photos from members to post on social media
    Established 3RVS Instagram account

Scott Tomsits, Newsletter

    Newsletter held in order to include September Touring Challenge results
    Scott encouraged Officers to please contribute to newsletter regularly

4. Additional Items of Interest

    Festival Tour 2021 update: Committee meetings are happening regularly now. Sweetwater Performance Pavilion reservation confirmed.

5. Good of the Order

    Annual Awards Banquet: Johnny let Officers know to have award submission proposals ready for Nov meeting
    Discussion on whether or not we want to schedule a keynote speaker and if so, who we should consider

6. Adjournment
Meeting adjourned. 8:55 PM
Minutes by Johnny Grabowski

4
Latest News / October 2020 Club Meeting Agenda
« on: September 30, 2020, 11:47:04 AM »
The monthly meeting of 3RVS is Thursday, October 1 at 7:30pm in the Business and Technology meeting room on the 2nd floor of the library. All are welcome to attend.

Meeting Agenda:

    Call to Order
    Passage of Minutes
    Officer Reports:
        President’s Report - Johnny Grabowski (15 min)
            Jersey Ride update
            Group Riding Guidelines proposed revision update
            Current Officers intent for 2021?
        Treasurer - Amy Copeland (4 min)
        Membership - Kent Ellis (2 min)
        Social Media - Andrea Egeland (5 min)
        Newsletter - Scott Tomsits (2 min)
        Publicity - Pamela Fennell (2 min)
        Touring - Shane Powell (10 min)
            September Challenge brief recap
            Show ‘n’ Go start date
        Off-Road - Randy Rosewicz (10 min)
            TNL lines of communication
        Racing - Dave McComb (10 min)
    Additional Items of Interest
        Festival Tour 2021 update
        Annual Awards Banquet preliminary planning
            Awards ordering timeline / deadlines
            Volunteers for helping coordinate
            Keynote? No keynote? Other ideas?
    Good of the Order
    Adjournment

5
Latest News / August 2020 club meeting minutes
« on: August 21, 2020, 01:45:45 PM »
THREE RIVERS VELO SPORT
MEETING MINUTES
August 6, 2020

1. Call to Order

    Meeting called to order 7:30PM PM by Johnny Grabowski
    Offers present include Jennifer Altherr, Dave McComb, Amy Copeland, Scott Tomsits, Kent Ellis, Andrea Egeland, Johnny Grabowski, Randy Rozewicz, Shane Powell,

    Welcome extended to all in attendance including Patrick Stelte, Roiann Smolinski, Jack Campbell

2. Passage of Minutes

    Passage of July meeting minutes

3. Officer Reports
Jennifer Altherr, Secretary

    July minutes passed earlier in the meeting

Johnny Grabowski, President

     N/A

Amy Copeland, Treasurer

        Income including memberships and socks
        Debit including post office box renewal, Gerber insurance renewal, First Friday awards, NEIC shirt reorder

    Discussion about club insurance renewal

Shane Powell, Touring

    Fort to Port Tour - proof of concept trial run on Aug 15. 
    Heat exhaustion occurred on rides this season
    Altercation between club members and a motorist at a club ride - Police were called.   
    Efforts to make week-end club rides more welcoming to new riders
        Shane proposed revisions to 3RVS Group Riding Guidelines to make "drop" rides the jurisdiction of the Racing Director, and unacceptable as touring rides. Riders seeking a "drop" ride format would be referred to the Racing Director to take part in a race format ride.
        Shane distributed copies of both the current 3RVS Group Riding Guidelines and the proposed revisions.

        Johnny Grabowski and Patrick Stelte indicated members need time to consider the proposed revisions, and then vote on them at a future meeting.

Dave McComb, Racing

    Indiana State Road Race was canceled after discussion with state and national officials
    Team Clothing - 3 orders this summer.   Another order coming up for MTB team
    July Time Trial went well. Next Time Trial is scheduled for August 18

    Dave is submitting information to Andrea for posting to the 3RVS website

Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road

    Franke trail maintenance is going well. Many riders have expressed appreciation for the trails
    Randy is working on getting a shipping container to be used as storage at Franke Park. Seeking possible donation.
    New updated Franke trail maps are done! Will print large maps for Franke kiosk and give a pdf file to Andrea for the website

        Possibly create brochures with the map and club information 

Publicity, Pamela Fennell (absent)

    N/A

Kent Ellis, Membership

    Ride leaders - Kent distributed membership forms for Ride Leaders to club rides
        Kent suggests membership forms to be printed on the back of club ride maps
        Kent suggests a new membership form card and welcomes help with the design 
    266 adult members

         200 memberships

Scott Tomsits, Newsletter

    August Newsletter was sent

Andrea Egeland, Webmaster

    Working on improving availability of 3RVS weekend touring route files on website
    Working on getting mountain biking and other ride information on the website

    The larger website redesign will need to wait until winter

4. Additional Items of Interest

    NEIC MTB NICA (Northeast Indiana Composite) Team Fundraising Discussion
        NICA is actively fundraising to support their programs and their youth. NICA has applied for a grant from Specialized through their Outride Program. If awarded the grant, Specialized would match NICA donations up to $7500
        The participation of youth riders has grown tremendously since last year from 5 to more than 25 riders regularly attending practice
        Many kids are in need of adequate mountain bikes
        There will be 2 races this year
        Andrea proposed a contribution from the club
        Shane motioned to donate $750, and Amy seconded the motion. All present voted in support of the donation.

    2020 September Touring Challenge - we received inquiry from 3RVS member on whether there will be a September Touring Challenge this year. Shane said that he was planning on it. Patrick volunteered to contact Steve Pequignot to gauge his interest in managing a September touring challenge this year

5. Good of the Order

    N/A

6. Adjournment
Meeting adjourned. 9:00 PM
Minutes by Secretary Jennifer Altherr

6
Latest News / July 2020 club meeting minutes
« on: July 17, 2020, 09:44:08 PM »
THREE RIVERS VELO SPORT
MEETING MINUTES
July 2, 2020
1. Call to Order

    Meeting called to order 7:30PM PM by Johnny Grabowski
    Offers present include Amy Copeland, Scott Tomsits, Kent Ellis, Andrea Egeland, Johnny Grabowski, Randy Rozewicz
    Welcome extended to all in attendance including Patrick Stelte and Roiann Smolinski

2. Passage of Minutes

    Passage of June meeting minutes

3. Officer Reports
Jennifer Altherr, Secretary (not present)

    N/A

Johnny Grabowski, President

    Concerning the 3RVS constitution amendment proposed at the March, 2020 monthly meeting that would establish Social Media Director as a position in the 3RVS Board of Directors and amend the constitution to account for the revised number of officers. Per section 8.1 of the 3RVS constitution, the amendment was presented in writing at a regular meeting and supported by at least (5) eligible voting members. The amendment was then published in a supplemental newsletter emailed to all current 3RVS members. It was read aloud at a 3RVS meeting and discussed. Finally, the amendment was put to a vote, and was unanimously approved, effectively replacing the former Webmaster position with the new Social Media Director position. Congratulations, Andrea!

Amy Copeland, Treasurer

    General fund balance: $xx,xxx
    Franke balance $x,xxx
    Cyclocross balance $xxx
    Racing balance $x,xxx
    Jr Racing (NICA) $x,xxx
    Total balance $xx,xxx
        Income $527.45  (memberships, race kit purchases)
        Debit $978 (website hosting, Jr racing shirts)

Shane Powell, Touring

    Weekend Tours scheduled to begin July 4th weekend. Will be working with available ride leaders.
    Weeknight Ride schedule is still developing and will be filled in as more rides scheduled.
    Discussion on recording names of participants on any group ride so that 3RVS has the information available should it be needed for contact tracing purposes related to COVID-19 pandemic. Decided that ride leader is responsible for obtaining the names of all participants on group rides.

Dave McComb, Racing (not present, no report)
Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road

    Coordinating with Parks Department on approval for additional improvements
    Upcoming workdays scheduled
    Still researching solution for on-site storage facility
    Working to update Franke trails maps to include new trails

Publicity, Pamela Fennell (not present)

    N/A

Kent Ellis, Membership

    188 total members (123 Individual / 65 Family)

Scott Tomsits, Newsletter

    Last couple of months newsletters have been held pending decisions related to pandemic and group ride schedule. June newsletter was sent late in the month to include July weekend tour schedule.
    July newsletter will not be sent, with all newsletter contributors instructed to submit articles for August newsletter no later than 1 week prior to end of July so August newsletter can be sent on August 1st.

Andrea Egeland, Social Media Director

    Andrea continues with minor revisions to 3RVS.com:
        Johnny submitted revised text for the "About 3RVS" page, which was updated
        Updated text for Membership page
        Removed "Group Rides Suspended"� notice from home page
        Updating site with info for Weekend Tours and Weeknight Rides as info received
        Working on getting route files uploaded to site and available to 3RVS members

4. Additional Items of Interest

    Johnny - since 3RVS will not have the income we would have from the cancelled Festival Tour, should we brainstorm ways to generate income for 3RVS in 2020?
        Various ideas discussed, but general feeling was that people are financially strapped and 3RVS is in a strong financial position to sustain this year without Festival Tour revenue
        Other ideas discussed included exploring the idea of a Swap Meet for Spring 2021. Committee to be formed.

5. Good of the Order

    Follow-up on toolkit for Franke Park - an expense approved at previous meeting. Tools have not been purchased - Randy is concerned that there is not a good place to put them that they won't be stolen.
    Andrea brought to Rand's attention that she is aware of some electric poles that were recently removed and available if they'd be useful at Franke. Randy said he would check into getting a trailer to pick them up.
    Re: group riding guidelines - USA Cycling has good group guidelines

6. Adjournment
Meeting adjourned at 8:55 PM
Minutes by Johnny Grabowski

7
Latest News / July 2020 club meeting agenda
« on: July 01, 2020, 10:57:22 PM »
The monthly meeting of 3RVS is Thursday, July 2 at 7:30pm in Conference Hall 1 at Sweetwater. All are welcome to attend.

Meeting Agenda:

1. Call to Order
2. Passage of Minutes
3. Officer Reports:
a. Secretary - Jennifer Altherr
b. President’s Report - Johnny Grabowski (15 min)
i. Discussion/vote on proposed amendment of 3RVS Constitution re: office of Webmaster
c. Treasurer - Amy Copeland (2 min)
d. Membership - Kent Ellis (2 min)
e. Newsletter - Scott Tomsits (2 min)
f. Off-Road - Randy Rosewicz (10 min)
g. Publicity - Pamela Fennell (5 min)
h. Webmaster - Andrea Egeland (5 min)
i. Touring - Shane Powell (20 min)
i. Touring season kickoff discussion
j. Racing - Dave McComb (10 min)

4. Additional Items of Interest
a. Ideas for generating revenue in 2020 (5 min)
5. Good of the Order
6. Adjournment

8
Latest News / June 2020 Club meeting minutes
« on: June 24, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »
THREE RIVERS VELO SPORT
MEETING MINUTES
June 4, 2020
1. Call to Order

    Meeting called to order 7:30PM PM by Johnny Grabowski
    Offers present include Jennifer Altherr, Dave McComb, Amy Copeland, Scott Tomsits,  Pamela Fennel, Kent Ellis, Andrea Egeland, Johnny Grabowski
    Welcome extended to all in attendance including Ed Lines, Mona Will, Tania Glass, Patrick Stelte, Steve Pequignot, Roiann Smolinski, Marty Smolinski, Tim Thoms

2. Passage of Minutes

    Passage of May meeting minutes

3. Officer Reports
Jennifer Altherr, Secretary

    May minutes passed earlier in the meeting

Johnny Grabowski, President

    Group rides discussion:  Indiana is in Stage 3 of the Back On Track Indiana plan, with Stage 4 planned for June 14, and Stage 5 planned for July 4
        CIBA is opening their own group rides on June 4 at ride leader discretion. Patrick read CIBA's guidelines which include liability waivers and specified distance between riders.
        Those present agreed that on June 14 people will be allowed to use our Facebook page to organize their own rides (not club rides) as long as they understand there is a possibility of exposure to COVID-19 on bike rides. The club will resume organized rides on July 4.
            Patrick motioned to vote, Jennifer seconded the motion, and no one opposed.

Amy Copeland, Treasurer

    General fund balance: $xx,xxx
    Franke balance $x,xxx
    Cyclocross balance $xxx
    Racing balance $x,xxx
    Jr Racing (NICA) $x,xxx
    Total balance $xx,xxx
        Income $1144.84  (race sponsorships, memberships, Festival Tour registrations)
        Debit $1777.66 (race kits reimbursement, refunded Festival Tour registrations)

Shane Powell, Touring

    “Fort to Port” ride idea - For next season would like to explore the possibility of the club doing a one-day/one-way ride, similar to RAIN or ODRAM
        Once we resume our club rides, would like to have a ride to test the route and test feasibility for SAGs
    GPX files for 3RVS Weekend Tour routes are available on Ride with GPS - still working on having GPX files available at 3RVS.com
    Festival Tour Committee Update (Mona Will) - Committee met last night to discuss options.  The committee unanimously recommends that 3RVS cancel the 2020 Festival Tour based on uncertainty of scheduling the date and possibility of having to cancel it, along with financial concerns with expenses.
        Johnny motioned to follow the committee's recommendation to not have a Festival tour for 2020.   Patrick seconded the motion.  No one opposed
        Patrick cancelled Morsche's Park and will refund. Sweetwater Performance Pavilion reservation has been cancelled. Mona will contact the Arcola Fire Department  to let them know we won't need their facilities.
    Next year will be the 50th Festival Tour

Dave McComb, Racing

    Making determination on whether or not to have the State Road Race
    Concerns with how many riders would participate
    Concerns with sponsorship funding for payouts

Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road

    Met with Parks Department
    Making good headway on Derby Hill and should be finished by June
    Two workdays coming up
    Franke Park signage - Randy will take Jason for a walk on the trails to determine what signs there should be. The trails are multi-use, and walkers and bikers flow in the same direction.
    Amy asked if there are some trails that are only for bikes - Randy said all trails are mixed use for bikers and hikers. 3RVS cannot dictate that walkers/hikers shouldn't be on certain trails or that they go in a different direction. Dave McComb agreed.

Publicity, Pamela Fennell

    N/A

Kent Ellis, Membership

    186 total members
        251 adults
        Sent final renewal email, and removed non-members from email distribution list

Scott Tomsits, Newsletter

    Newsletter held to be able to include information from this meeting. Officers will submit articles ASAP so Scott can send a June Newsletter

Andrea Egeland, Webmaster

    Johnny will update the Facebook Group about the club ride decision, and will give Andrea the verbiage for the website
    Andrea will post on the website that the 2020 Festival Tour is cancelled
    Patrick has scheduled meeting room space at the library for August and September. Johnny will check with Sweetwater about July meeting space.
    Andrea will work on 3RVS Ride Calendar In preparation for July 4 club rides resuming

4. Additional Items of Interest

    N/A

5. Good of the Order

    N/A

6. Adjournment
Meeting adjourned. 8:49 PM
Minutes by Secretary Jennifer Altherr

9
Latest News / May 2020 club meeting minutes
« on: June 02, 2020, 01:37:00 PM »
THREE RIVERS VELO SPORT
MEETING MINUTES
May  7, 2020
(Zoom virtual meeting)

1. Call to Order

    Meeting called to order 7:30PM PM by Johnny Grabowski
    Offers present include Jennifer Altherr, Dave McComb, Amy Copeland, Scott Tomsits, Pamela Fennel, Kent Ellis, Andrea Egeland
    Welcome extended to all in attendance including Ed Lines,  Mona Wills, Ed Lines, Tania Glass, Charlie Copeland, Patrick Stelte, Steve Pequignot

2. Passage of Minutes

    Passage of April meeting minutes

3. Officer Reports
Jennifer Altherr, Secretary

    April minutes passed earlier in the meeting

Johnny Grabowski, President

    Constitutional amendment will wait for next in-person club meeting
    Logo / branding committee has not been formed. Johnny happy to be on committee, but seeking volunteer to lead it - if interested please contact Johnny
    Those present agreed that group rides remain suspended for now at least until June 14 per the governor's plan - will reevaluate at the June meeting after viewing the status of our governor's Back on Track status
    Festival Tour committee met last night
        Mona's update:
            Committee can't go further with planning until we hear from the governor, so in the June club meeting the committee will bring a recommendation on if they feel the club should proceed with the tour
                If 3 Rivers Festival or RAIN tour cancels their events, then we won't do a festival tour

Amy Copeland, Treasurer

    General fund balance: $xx,xxx
    Franke balance $x,xxx
    Cyclocross balance $xxx
    Racing balance $x,xxx
    Jr racing (NICA) $x,xxx
    Total balance $xx,xxx
        Income $349.55 (memberships, festival tour, clothing)
        Debit $100 (festival tour registration)

Shane Powell, Touring (absent)

    N/A

Dave McComb, Racing

    Two $500 sponsorships renewed
    NICA and 3RVS race kits shipped
    June time trial is still on track
    August state road race still on track

Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road (absent)

    N/A

Publicity, Pamela Fennell

    Committee has been working on Festival Tour.  If the decision is to have the tour, then there will be just 5 weeks to prepare so more help will be needed.
    Patrick indicated prepacked food would be needed, and SAG stop social distancing

Kent Ellis, Membership

    Looked into a new membership management website called The Driven.  It has unlimited email, ability to set up groups of people by pace, survey and newsletter functionalities.   Could potentially be no cost.  Could use their website for our club instead of paying for our own website host.  Can set automated renewal reminders, and members could select auto renewal.  Memberships could run 365 days from whenever the new member joins instead of calendar year.  Cost is $2 individual, $2.75 family.  Option that club could pay part of the member's fees, or members pay all of the fees.  Kent will virtually meet with Amy and Andrea to get their input on if they think the website would be an asset to the club.
    176 total members
        239 adults
        97 memberships from last year haven't renewed
        Stopped sending renewal reminder emails for now

Scott Tomsits, Newsletter

    Received two articles for next newsletter.   Discussion about additional articles being submitted.

Andrea Egeland, Webmaster

    Still working on the website.
        It is time to create a committee to decide what the website should look like. Andrea's goal is to use DreamWeaver and build a new site from scratch. Our current host is Hosting Matters and annual fee was paid November 2019 for $112.20.
        Committee  volunteers:  Amy Copeland, Johnny Grabowski, Scott Tomsits, Steve Pequignot, Shane Powell

4. Additional Items of Interest

    Amy:  KalHaven Destination Tour June 12-14  is cancelled
    Andrea:  There are many more hikers and runners at Franke lately.  Andrea proposed directional signs on the trails so people know which direction bikes should go, and which directions people on foot should go.  Andrea said Randy may have ideas for solutions.
    Johnny:  Until we can have club rides, how can we engage our members?  Ideas:
        Promote group Zwift rides
        Publish routes or events that people can do on their own and take pictures
        Promote Fort for Fitness virtual ride
        Virtual scavenger hunt
        Monthly challenges for achievements
        Contact Johnny Grabowski with ideas for 30 day challenges for club members
    5. Good of the Order
    N/A

6. Adjournment
Meeting adjourned. 9 PM
Minutes by Secretary Jennifer Altherr

10
Latest News / May 2020 club meeting agenda
« on: May 07, 2020, 03:59:49 PM »
The monthly meeting of 3RVS is Thursday, May 7 at 7:30pm via Zoom virtual meeting. All are welcome to attend (invitation with link to join Zoom virtual meeting has been emailed to all 3RVS members).

Meeting Agenda:

    Call to Order
    Passage of Minutes
    Officer Reports:
        Secretary - Jennifer Altherr
        President’s Report - Johnny Grabowski (30 min)
            Constitution amendment discussion pending future in-person meeting
            Logo/Branding Committee update
            Festival Tour Committee update (Mona Will)
            Group Riding status discussion
        Treasurer - Amy Copeland (2 min)
        Membership - Kent Ellis (2 min)
        Newsletter - Scott Tomsits (2 min)
        Off-Road - Randy Rosewicz (10 min)
        Publicity - Pamela Fennell (2 min)
        Webmaster - Andrea Egeland (5 min)
            Proposed Committee to gather ideas for website changes
        Touring - Shane Powell (10 min)
        Racing - Dave McComb (10 min)


    Additional Items of Interest
    Good of the Order
    Adjournment

11
Latest News / April 2020 club meeting minutes
« on: May 01, 2020, 12:59:54 PM »
THREE RIVERS VELO SPORT
MEETING MINUTES
April 2, 2020

1. Call to Order

    Virtual Zoom Meeting called to order 7:30 PM by Johnny Grabowski
    Officers present include Johnny Graboswki, Jennifer Altherr, Dave McComb, Amy Copeland, Scott Tomsits, Andrea Egeland, Pamela Fennell,
    Welcome extended to all in attendance including Roianne Smolinski, Marty Smolinki,  Ed Lines, Steve Pequignot, Tania Glass, Patrick Stelte, Phil Snider, Cynthia, Denise Egeland

2. Passage of Minutes

    Passage of March meeting minutes

3. Officer Reports
Jennifer Altherr, Secretary

    March minutes passed earlier in the meeting

John Grabowski, President

    Group rides are on hold and will change when direction from Governor/CDC says otherwise

Amy Copeland, Treasurer

    General Fund Balance as of April 2: $xx,xxx
        Revenues $x,xxx included memberships, festival tour, socks, NICA account transfer in, race sponsorship
        Expenditures $x,xxx included race payouts, junior racing, Ft Wayne Trails sponsorship, League of American Bicyclist renewal, NICA fee scholarship
    Franke balance of $x,xxx
    Cyclocross balance of $xxx
    Racing balance $x,xxx
    Jr Racing (NICA) balance $x,xxx
    Our balance is increasing approximately $295/yr

Shane Powell, Touring

    All rides cancelled until further notice
    Ride with GPS cost account would be higher than the club's annual surplus fund so wouldn't be fiscally appropriate
    Discussion about other platforms to host club routes, such as Strava

Dave McComb, Racing

    NEIC kit order completed
    Race reimbursements sent out
    Sent sponsorship letters
    Races are on hold at this time

Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road (absent)

    N/A

Publicity, Pamela Fennell

    Working on festival tour, and planning it for July as if it will happen
        Added a gravel route

Kent Ellis, Membership (John presented in Kent's absence)

    Kent is researching a platform to manage the club's membership

Scott Tomsits, Newsletter

    Newsletter went out today
    The newsletter also went to non-renewed members this month

Andrea Egeland, Webmaster

    Working on website
        Discussion about putting club routes on the website.  If we did it, people would need to download the routes onto their computer, then they'd download them from their computer into their GPS device

4. Additional Items of Interest

    Discussion about publishing the proposed club constitution pages of adding the new social media director
        Scott will send an addendum to the newsletter about the proposal
    Scott - Discussion about having a 3RVS club within Zwift.
    Scott - Discussion about some club individuals doing group rides at a distance of 50 yards apart.  Does this contradict the club's message about not doing group rides?  Decision is we prefer that there not be any group rides on the club's Facebook page, but it won't be the club's responsibility to monitor the posts.

5.  Good of the Order

    N/A

Virtual meeting via Zoom adjourned. 9 PM

12
Latest News / March 2020 club meeting minutes
« on: March 20, 2020, 03:11:02 PM »
THREE RIVERS VELO SPORT
MEETING MINUTES
March 5, 2020
1. Call to Order

    Meeting called to order 7:30 PM by John Grabowski
    Officers present include John Grabowski, Jennifer Altherr, Shane Powell, Dave McComb, Amy Copeland, Scott Tomsits, Kent Ellis, Randy Rozewicz, Andrea Egeland
    Welcome extended to all in attendance including Roianne Smolinski, Jack Campbell, Ed Lines, Jack Fitzmaurice, Steve Pequignot  Tania Glass, Angie Quinn, Patrick Stelte, Jennifer Kummer, Scott Kummer

2. Passage of Minutes

    Passage of February meeting minutes

3. Officer Reports

    Jennifer Altherr, Secretary

    February minutes passed earlier in the meeting

    John Grabowski, President

    2021 follow up on annual awards banquet - John signed the contract for January 9, 2021 at the Mirro Center
    Proposed revision to add Social Media Director (formerly known as Webmaster) as a club officer
        Role would manage 3RVS website as well as other 3RVS social media account administration
        Role is separate from the Publicity role
        Club constitution and bylaws revisions were distributed and reviewed
        A majority of meeting attendees approved of the proposed revisions
        Next step will be to publish the proposal in the April newsletter, for reading, discussion, and vote at the meeting in May

    Amy Copeland, Treasurer

    Balance as of March 5: $xx,xxx
    Revenues of $x,xxx included memberships and anonymous donation for junior race team
    Expenditures of $x,xxx included annual Awards Banquet, Breaking Away movie reimbursement, and USAC annual dues
    General Fund $xx,xxx
    Race team balance of $x,xxx
    Cyclocross Project balance of $541.02
    Franke Project balance of $x,xxx
    Jr Racing (NICA) $x,xxx
    May 1, 2020   $100 annual League of American Bicyclists dues are due and will be paid

    Shane Powell, Touring

    Currently in Show 'n Go season
    Ride RMHC charity ride on April 26 - Looking for 8-10 ride ambassadors.
        Volunteers:  Jennifer Altherr, Scott Tomsits, Steve Pequignot
    Working on Ride With GPS

    Dave McComb, Racing

    Received approval from those present to dispose of the club's non-functional race timer
    Adding two MTB Ride Leaders
    Received approval to add race team information at the Franke Park kiosk
    3RVS/NEIC
        Jake Fitzmaurice reimbursed for NEIC team fees
        3RVS racing reimbursement checks for team members
        NEIC jersey preliminary design completed
        Informational meeting at SCB April 26, 2-4 PM
        Beckman Lawson Lawyers sponsorship $1000
    Work continues on the State Road Race
        Applied for permit for closure of roads for the race
        Sign up genius created for volunteers to sign up
        INKY application for the race filed
        Secured the Green Township Community Center for race day

    Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road

    Obtained an 8’ x 20' container for Franke Park to replace the shed
    Working on annual Franke Park Trail report to share with Parks Department
    Will work on the trail maintenance work schedule
    Discussion about making Franke Park trail maps available at the trailhead
    Discussion about making a video about Franke Park trails

    Publicity, Pamela Fennell (absent, so presented by John)

    Working on ride cards and swag items for Festival Tour
    Looking into offering an additional route option of a 55 mile mostly gravel route for the Festival Tour

    Kent Ellis, Membership

    269 memberships
    349 adults
    166 renewals so far this year
    25% of members don't renew annually.   Point of interest to find out why this trend occurs.

    Scott Tomsits, Newsletter

    Newsletter was distributed February 29, 2020
    Discussion about how to include the proposed Social Media director into the newsletter

    Andrea Egeland, Webmaster

    Working on the website - determining what changes need to be made
    Andrea and John are now admins for the Three Rivers Velo Sport Facebook Group

4. Additional Items of Interest

    Angie Quinn - Sustainability Director of Ft Wayne Trails and club member
        Proposal to renew the club's annual sponsorship of Trek the Trails
            1433 riders for the 2019 season
                21 rides
                68 average riders per ride
                108 highest riders for a ride
            Sponsorship requested to to offer an additional loop to extend the distance of the ride
            Request $750 collaboration level that the club has done for the last 2 years
            April 28 will be the kick off for Trek the Trails at Eagle Marsh
            This Sunday there will be a Spring Forward ride noon at McMillen Park
            The $750 sponsorship request was approved

5.  Good of the Order

    Tania Glass - Memorial for Al Stoller at Franke Park
        Randy R indicated the kiosk by Frog Pond could be used
    Steve Pequignot - Cycle IQ has a new product called Upride for posting hazardous information
        You can post a short video and description of what happened, such as a dog chased or an automobile driver behaved dangerously
            Contact Steve if you'd like more information

Meeting at library adjourned. 9 PM

13
Latest News / March 2020 club meeting agenda
« on: March 03, 2020, 06:24:15 PM »
The monthly meeting of 3RVS is Thursday, March 5 at 7:30pm at the Allen County Library in downtown Fort Wayne. All are welcome to attend.

Meeting Agenda:

1. Call to Order
2. Passage of Minutes
3. Officer Reports:
a. Secretary - Jennifer Altherr
b. President’s Report - Johnny Grabowski (15 min)
i. Follow-up: 2021 Annual Awards Banquet venue
ii. Proposed revision to office of Webmaster / amendment of Constitution
c. Treasurer - Amy Copeland (2 min)
d. Membership - Kent Ellis (2 min)
e. Newsletter - Scott Tomsits (2 min)
f. Off-Road - Randy Rosewicz (10 min)
g. Publicity - Pamela Fennell (5 min)
h. Webmaster - Andrea Egeland (10 min)
i. Touring - Shane Powell (15 min)
i. Follow-up: how/where to make gpx files available
ii. Follow-up: how will Ride Leaders be coordinated
iii. Follow-up: Ride RMHC
iv. Follow-up: Roadside Repair Clinic
j. Racing - Dave McComb (15 min)
4. Additional Items of Interest
5. Trek the Trails request for support - Angie Quinn (5 min)
6. Good of the Order
7. Adjournment


14
Latest News / February 2020 meeting agenda
« on: January 31, 2020, 02:37:33 PM »
 The monthly meeting of 3RVS is Thursday, February 6 at 7:30pm at the Allen County Library in downtown Fort Wayne. All are welcome to attend.

Meeting Agenda:

Call to Order
Passage of Minutes

Officer Reports:
Secretary - Jennifer Altherr
President’s Report - Johnny Grabowski
Treasurer - Amy Copeland
Touring - Shane Powell
Racing - formalize Officer election
Off-Road - Randy Rosewicz
Publicity - Pamela Fennell
Membership - Kent Ellis
Newsletter - Scott Tomsits
Webmaster - Andrea Egeland

Additional Items of Interest
Annual Awards Banquet recap - Patrick
2021 Annual Awards Banquet Date / Venue?
Roadside Repair Clinic suggestion - Shane Powell
3RVS Logo refresh/redesign

Good of the Order

Adjournment

15
Latest News / January 2020 club meeting minutes
« on: January 16, 2020, 03:23:27 PM »
1. Call to Order
●   Meeting called to order 7:29 PM by Patrick Stelte
●   Offers present include Patrick Stelte, Jennifer Altherr, Doug Wintin, Amy Copeland, Scott Tomsits, Hugh Smith, Pamela Fennell, Randy Rozewicz
●   Welcome extended to all in attendance including Steve Pequignot, Andrea Egeland, Phil Snider, Jack Campbell, Shane Powell, Mona Will, Charles Copeland, Johnny Grabowski, Tim Fennell, Kent Ellis, Tim Ellsworth, Luis DeVeyra, Tania Glass
2. Passage of Minutes
●   Passage of December meeting minutes
3. Officer Reports
Jennifer Altherr, Secretary
●   December minutes passed earlier in the meeting
Patrick Stelte, President
●   Nominations and Election:
●   Newsletter - Scott Tomsits said he'd serve again. No other nominees. Scott retains the role.
●   Membership - Amy Copeland resigning. Amy nominated Kent Ellis. No other nominees. Kent accepted nomination and will serve as Membership Director.
●   Publicity - Pamela Fennell said she'd serve again. No other nominees. Pamela retains the role.
●   Off-Road - Randy Rozewicz said he'd serve again. No other nominees. Randy retains the role.
●   Racing - Dave McCombs (not present at meeting) emailed Patrick expressing his interest in continuing to serve in this position. Steve Pequignot nominated Dave. Will vote at the next meeting when Dave is present.
●   Touring - Doug Wintin resigning. Charles Copeland nominated Shane Powell. No other nominees. Shane accepted nomination and will serve as Touring Director.
●   Treasurer - Hugh Smith resigning. Amy Copeland nominated herself. No other nominees. Amy will serve as Treasurer.
●   Secretary - Tania Glass nominated Jennifer Altherr. No other nominees. Jennifer accepted the nomination and will fulfill the role.
●   President - Patrick Stelte resigning. Shane Powell nominated Johnny Grabowski. No other nominees. Johnny accepted nomination and will serve as President.
●   Webmaster - Mike Hayes is vacating.  Andrea Egeland was nominated by Patrick.  No other nominees.  Andrea agreed and will serve as Webmaster.
●   Vice-president - John nominated Amy Copeland.  No other nominees.  Amy agreed and will fulfill the role.
●   Patrick handed out club officer duty guidelines to the 2020 club officers
●   Service Award plaques presented to all outgoing club officers in appreciation of their service.
Hugh Smith, Treasurer
●   Revenues  included Wepay deposit, voided check 3022 to Arcola Fire Department, and sock orders
●   Expenditures included office supplies
●   Race team balance (no change)
●   Cyclocross Project balance (no change)
●   Franke Project balance (no change)
Shane Powell, Touring
●   Chilly Challenge had a good turn out (covered later in more detail)
Dave McComb, Racing (absent)
●   N/A
Randy Rozewicz, Off-Road
●   Working with Parks Department to get a storage shed. 
●   Will review a trail project list with the Parks Department and then post it on Facebook. 
Publicity, Pamela Fennell
●   Article in last week's newspaper about race team
●   Newspaper and TV interviews for Chilly Challenge
●   Fort Wayne Magazine is interested in an article on the club for May
Amy Copeland, Membership
●   310 total members
○   family 136
○   individual 174
○   67 of the members were not members last year
○   Red Podium is live for memberships, thanks to Kent Ellis for streamlining the process
Scott Tomsits, Newsletter
●   Mid-December newsletter distributed.  Next newsletter date will depend upon contributors
Mike Heyes, Webmaster (absent)
●   Mike supplied Patrick with information for running the website. 
4. Additional Items of Interest
●   Annual party update -
○   Steve P and Patrick met with Mirro Center today. 
○   96 RSVPs.  105 meals ordered. 
○   No food can be brought in or brought out per health department.
○   An email to will go to those that RSVPd with party details
●   Chilly Challenge Wrap Up
○   137 riders, 1 speed skater
○   107 waivers signed
○   Participation down from last year, but road conditions were icy
○   10 pots of chili, almost all eaten
○   $180 donations
○   $81.80 expenses
○   Sold 11 pairs of socks for $55
○   Mona did two live news interviews on January 1
5. Good of the Order
●   N/A
6. Adjournment
Meeting adjourned. 8:20 PM
Minutes by Secretary Jennifer Altherr



Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15