Author Topic: JDRF La Crosse, WI August 16-19 2012  (Read 3480 times)

Crowlett

• View Profile
JDRF La Crosse, WI August 16-19 2012
« on: January 12, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
Hey everyone I am a newly registered member to 3 Rivers VELO club.
I just wanted to invite anyone interested to join me in a ride for JDRF in La Crosse, WI
I have been away from cycling for awhile and have been diagnosed with Adult onset Diabetes.
Many of my family members struggle with Diabetes also, I am very passionate about this fight and want to help find a cure for so many who suffer.
If anyone is interested in joining me, helping with my training, or pledging money for this worthy cause please let me know.

I am accepting donations for whatever you can donate. Link: http://www2.jdrf.org/goto/ChrisRowlett

Thanks and God Bless!   :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:55:17 PM by Crowlett »

momsailor

• View Profile
Re: JDRF La Crosse, WI August 16-19 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »
Hi Chris,
I have been a club member for awhile - just donated to your ride.
If you are interested, there is another ride coming up.  It is the American Diabetes Association fund raising ride, Tour de Cure.  My employer, Cardinal Health, is sponsoring our team and I am the team captain.  The ride is on June 9 in Indianapolis.  It's a really cool setup where the ride begins and ends on the Motor Speedway.  You can ride anywhere from 2.5 miles to 100 miles!
Right now, we have 7 riders - 5 are Cardinal employees and 2 are not, but I'm the only one from Fort Wayne so far.
If you would like more details, e-mail me at [donna.nelson@cardinalhealth.com].  The team website is [http://main.diabetes.org/goto/CardinalIndy] .  If you regsiter with our team, the minimum fund raising commitment is $200.  You can use the PromoCode TOUR10 to take $10 off the registration fee.
In any case, good luck with your ride!  We need to find a cure and soon!
Donna