Author Topic: Want to give back?  (Read 3185 times)

frybag

• View Profile
Want to give back?
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »
Are you looking for a way to give back, get in shape, or get some professional cycling coaching?  Maybe all 3?  For the last 8 years I have participated in America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride in Lake Tahoe fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  It's a great way to help fund cancer research.  Heck you are going to ride anyway, how about doing it for a good cause and BTW there is a free trip to Lake Tahoe too!  Here are some reasons to participate:

·         The large number of people I have met that have had leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma or have a friend or family member battling one of these cancers.

·         Leukemia continues to cause more deaths than any other cancer among kids under the age 20.

·         Our fundraising efforts have funded research that has dramatically improved survival rates through improved treatments and reductions in the drugs side effects.

·         By setting an example and raising awareness  for my family and many others.

·         The event is beautiful and a LOT of fun.

·         Meeting a group of participants who are all very high quality people, as they are giving of themselves to train, ride and fundraise to benefit others.

·         A great sense of accomplishment after completing an event like this.

·         A great way to get regular exercise and have riding coaches teach you how to road ride, ride in groups, bike repair, riding nutrition…

The Event is Friday, June 1st, through Monday, June 4th. The actual event is on Sunday, June 3rd. The society pays all your expenses and will ship your bike for you.  Here is one video you can watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfVFrTmISU8&feature=related

I'd love to talk to you about it, so email me at kwfry52@gmail.com

frybag

• View Profile
Re: Want to give back?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »
Here is another video about what the program is all about.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7kLHB2xMP5o
[/youtube]