Three Rivers Velo Sport Inc., located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a League of American Bicyclists and Adventure Cycling Association affiliated club, as well as a member of the Indiana Bicycle Coalition, USA Cycling, National Off Road Bicycling Association, International Mountain Bicycling Association and others.
Founded in 1969, we have grown from a handful to our present size of approximately 300 members.
Come ride with us!
You don't have to be a member to join our rides. But we hope that once you've ridden with us that you will see how much fun it is and will want to become a member and help us to support cycling in northeast Indiana. Visiting cyclists are always welcome.
Upcoming Events and News
These and other News items can be found by clicking on the News tab in the menu at the top of this page.
- Thanks to our 2016 Ride Leaders - Another riding season is in the books, and it's been a great one! Our rides owe their success in large part to the ride leaders who show up for each of the rides. They welcome riders... Read more
- Three Rivers Velo Sport End of Year Party Friday, December 2nd at Sweetwater Sound (conference hall), 6pm to 8:30pm. 5501 Highway U.S. 30 West - Join in the celebration of another year with 3RVS. Eat, socialize and be entertained by the evening’s festivities. Rub elbows with friends, share stories and get to know new people without trying to find a breath between pedal strokes. Read more
- 2017 Chilly Challenge - January 1, 2017, 1PM - Grab your helmet and start the New Year off right with northeast Indiana’s best New Year day bicycle tour. Be sure to join us this year for a great ride and great food. Read more
- Three Rivers Velo Sport Team Repeats as National Bike Challenge Winners - With a rocky start in the month of May finishing up in 6th place overall and 2nd place just 1373 points behind the Mind Brain Social Club in the Extra Large team category, the team continued to build in numbers and momentum and never looked back. Read more
- Cyclocross Is Here! - Fall is here and for a small subset of the local cycling community, #CrossIsHere. Cyclocross is a particular cycling discipline that blends the technical and off-road aspects of mountain biking, the intensity and circuit course aspects of criterium racing, and the potentially challenging weather of the fall and early winter months together. Read more
- Ride Report - Chicago Rail and Ride - by Jennifer Bryant Altherr - Yesterday four friends and I took the train to Chicago and back using Amtrak's walk on bike service. The Capital Limited train has a dedicated bike room with racks on the walls. When you buy your ticket you can opt to bring your bike for... Read more
- Ride Report - Lories Lakeshore Century - by Michael Heyes - The weather for the past couple of years for Lories Lakeshore Century has been marginal ( though very rideable ), but my friend Helen S. guaranteed Kathi and me that this year would be different. “Blue skies and tail winds”, she wrote. Good enough for me! Read more
3RVS rides follow our Official Group Riding Guidelines. An abbreviated set of the Guidelines will be on the back side of the weekend ride maps. The complete, unabridged guidlines can be found under the Information tab above, or by clicking on this link.
If you need a map to the ride start locations, use your smartphone and follow the instructions on this page.
"Official club rides are rides originated by the Touring Director, the Off Road Director, the Racing Director or approved by a majority vote of the club officers. Official club rides shall be posted on the web page of Three Rivers Velo Sport, Inc. Only official club rides will bear the club name. They shall be conducted in accordance with club by-laws."
Monthly Club Meetings
Meetings, open to all, are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:30 pm unless otherwise noted, at:
Allen County Public Library, meeting room B
900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne