Welcome to 3RVS
Three Rivers Velo Sport Inc., located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a League of American Bicyclists and Adventure Cycling Association affiliated club, as well as a member of the Indiana Bicycle Coalition, USA Cycling, National Off Road Bicycling Association, International Mountain Bicycling Association and others.
Founded in 1969, we have grown from a handful to our present size of approximately 305 members.
Upcoming Events and News
Barbara Pontius, long-time 3RVS member, passed away on Friday, November 29. Barb was passionate about bicycle touring and took part in many club rides including May Madness and Festival tours. She also loved camping and combined camping and bicycling on favorite Michigan tours, PALM, MUP, and Blue Water Ramble. In Indiana, she participated in many Amishland & Lakes tours, and Blueberry Festival rides.
Barb and I were fans of social touring rides and started The Sociables group within 3RVS, for destination rides at a leisurely pace. From 2000-2004, we enjoyed scouting out new routes together, and trying out suitable restaurants for breakfast and lunch rides. We included festivals in Sociables rides when possible, biking to the Grabill Country Fair, and Auburn Cord Duesenberg parade.
Barb put her mechanical skills to good use in troubleshooting and repairing her own bike. She was always ready for adventure, travel, and the open road. She will be missed. - Cheryl Mathews
- 2014 Chilly Challenge - Grab your helmet and start the New Year off right with northeast Indiana’s best New Year day bicycle tour. Be sure to join us this year for a great ride and great food. Read more...
- The annual Three Rivers Velo Sport holiday party will be held on Friday, December 6 starting at 6:30pm at the Aldersgate United Methodist Church. Enter through the door nearest Wilkie Drive on back side of the church. Read more...
- Cyclocross practice and races at the Fort Wayne Depot on Wells St. Wednesdays evenings
- It's even easier to view the 3RVS ride schedules using your smartphone. No having to start your browser, no typing the web address! It's really pretty slick. Read more...
- If you visit the website using your smartphone now you will notice the change. Read more...
- Be sure to read the Leader of the Pack about group riding skills! IMPORTANT: don't yell out "CLEAR" unless the road IS ACTUALLY CLEAR!
"Official club rides are rides originated by the Touring Director, the Off Road Director, the Racing Director or approved by a majority vote of the club officers. Official club rides shall be posted on the web page of Three Rivers Velo Sport, Inc. Only official club rides will bear the club name. They shall be conducted in accordance with club by-laws."
Meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:30 pm unless otherwise noted, at:
First Wayne Street Church
300 East Wayne Street, Fort Wayne