Destination Ride #4: Kalamazoo River Valley Trail - July 29
By Jennifer Altherr, Phil Snider and Amy Copeland
The plan is to meet for carpooling at 8:00 am at Carmike Cinema. 3930 E. Dupont Rd, Fort Wayne IN, and drive to Kalamazoo River Valley Eastern Trailhead. We will park at the Galesburg-Augusta Primary School locate at 315 W. Battle Creek St. in Galesburg, Michigan.
- Drive time estimate: 1 hr 35 minutes
- Trail surface: Paved. Any bike is suitable for this ride.
- Ride distance: 32 miles-42 miles (A side trail offers exploring options for the curious and adventuresome)
- Pace: 10-13 m.p.h. E riders welcome!
- Lunch: Arcadia Brewing Company located at 701 East Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
Optional for those interested after the ride:
- Drive east on I-94 to Firekeepers Casino in Battle Creek, MI which is just west of I-69.
- Clean up, play some games, before heading back to Fort Wayne.
If you'd like to know more about the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail, visit https://www.traillink.com/trail/kalamazoo-river-valley-trail
Remember to bring: helmet, bike lock if you have one, money for lunch.